Tuesday, June 8, 2010

subtones and repeater

I just finished the subtone generator. It worked the first time.ctcss encoder

Last night I build it in the transceiver. First test were unsuccessfull. It turned out that it was connected to an incorrect point in the modulator. It was easy to solve. Now it works, I can open the repeater PI3BRD in Breda. This repeater uses needs a 71.9Hz subtone. I might install a switch to switch between two subtones.
A tone of 88.5 Hz is needed for PI3BOZ. Unfortunately the receiver lacks sensitivity to use this repeater. PI3BOZ can be used using my FT-8700 though.

A problem is that the TX can transmit when the PLL is not in lock. That is a problem for repeater operation. The frequency of the PLL changes while switching between TX and RX. To solve this problem I have two options. First one is to build a in lock detector. Second option is to delay switching on the TX.

No comments:

Post a Comment