Monday, May 17, 2010

Status

This project has been on hold quite some time. Now it is time to continue.

My spectrum analyzer is almost ready. In fact in this state of the project it can be used to check the signal quality of the TRX. A few months ago I bought a icom PRC100 on ebeay. It is a computer controlled receiver. This radio has spectum analyzer functionality. I will use both to check the TRX.

For this test I made an attenuator to bring the signal down to levels the spectrum monitors can handle. The TRX is connected via the attenuator to a dummyload. The attenuated signal is fed to the analyszer.

I think a really need to get a CTCSS module because all repeates accessable to me use it. Personally I prefer simplex. However Activity on 2 meter is very low. Most activity is on the repeaters so I need to be able to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment